3-19

Michele
was there from 1-1:35 and never saw an eagle...have the young ones begun flying ?

Re: 3-19

Trisha
I got there about 2pm today and 1 of the eaglets was up exercising but the other was hidden. Later on, they both were seriously flapping and moving around! They haven't left the nest as yet.

Re: 3-19

Jill W
I was there from 9:20 until 1:00.  I guess that was you, Michele, arriving as I was carrying my gear to the car.
At 9:20, there was a light drizzle and both chicks were standing straight up.  One adult was in the dead trees.  The rain gradually got heavier and by 10:00, it was really coming down hard.  The chicks hunkered down and were not visible and both adults were in the dead trees just standing there getting rained on.  At 10:30, the rain stopped and both chicks stood up.  They looked so funny while they were soaking wet... almost unrecognizable.  They just stood and looked around until they were mostly dry.  Then, they started the wing flapping and hopping.
Occasionally, the chicks snacked on some leftovers from an earlier feeding.
I saw one chick rubbing his beak and possibly licking the nest material (sticks).  I was thinking that maybe he was drinking some of the rain water, but I don't know if eaglets do that.
Once, a chick decided to start jumping up and down and he did it right on top of the other chick who appeared to be trying to take a nap or just rest.  The one being jumped on stood up and beaked the jumping one a couple of times.
Jill

Re: 3-19

Michele
I figured out that must have  been you !  We've been going every day for 3 wks...and this was the first time I didn't see any.  I thought I saw one right when I walked up - but then never saw any more movement !  it started drizzling again ...maybe they were just trying to stay dry a bit !  THANKS !