9 - noon at the nest

Trisha
When I arrived I was surprised to see the few watchers peering at an adult all the way down at 208th to the east. The adult was tucked in the pines, frequently totally hidden with the wind and swaying branches.
It remaind there for almost 2 hrs.

The young had a usual morning on the nest of exercising, standing on the rim and resting down low. This was broken when food was brought in at about 11:00. All 3 birds were eating, until the young went lower in the nest and remained that way for a while. Unlike other observations of mine, the adult remained tall on the right side of the nest for a long time, occasionally looking down at the young. Both young got up and stood for a while with the 3 birds in a row. I wondered if this was the time the adult would encourage a flight from the young...but there wasn't even any wing flapping with the adult present. In fact, when the adult finally flew off after about an hour, the eaglets had a really active period of wing flapping and hopping.

I left at noon as a watcher came by that had read about the nest in the Chicago paper....The Eagles of Pembroke Pines Fan Club is spreading!