All is well at the nest at 5:30 pm

Trisha
When I arrived at 2 pm both young were standing high in the nest. They were doing some minor wing exercising and then the smaller one went down for a nap. At 2:30 one adult flew to the nest with a fish. It appeared as though the adult was eating more than the young. The larger of the eaglets stood high on the left rim of the nest, not interested in the snack. The other was partially concealed but not doing a lot of tearing and pulling. The adult was turned away from the road back on the left side and clearly doing most of the eating, away from the young. Perhaps the slim down for flight is occurring?

The adult moved over to the tall pine left of the nest for its preening. It was there for about 1-1/2 hours and then flew off and did not return for the rest of my stay. There was always one of the young up high on the left side of the nest...they seemed to rotate from resting down in the nest to standing tall and watching. Around 4:45 pm they had a very active period of both young hopping and spreading their wings and getting a little elevation. I left at 5:30 and Jill was there so she can fill us in on the rest of the evening.

I only saw the 1 adult during my stay.