April 11: Female and can see one eaglet

I watched the nest for over an hour this morning from 8:00 AM to 9:15. Very quiet, with female (Jewel) roosting to the right of the nest the entire time. Could hear eaglet(s) calling from time to time but did not see a single head pop up for almost a half hour. They must have just been fed.

Jewel is recognizable through the foliage by her bulky body, deep gape which extends well below her eye...

...and the fact that all her tail feathers are white. The male (Pride) has one dark outer tail feather.

One eaglet was fairly active. I was quite sure i saw some movement behind it to the left, but never saw any sign of the second eaglet in my photos.

Re: April 11: Female and can see one eaglet

Kathybaker
BA7665A1-CA97-4702-820A-D7940C4F8870.jpeg

The foot in the nest is pretty big any ideas what it is

Re: April 11: Female and can see one eaglet

That is the foot of the eaglet, dangling on top of the rim of the nest. They do have big yellow feet and their bodies are already quite large.

Re: April 11: Female and can see one eaglet

Kathybaker
Thanks I appreciate your reply. I  always check this website to keep track of these precious eagles  I’m in key largo and don’t get out there like I used to