April 20th update

naturegirl
Went by around 3:45 but didn't see any eagles in the nest, trees or flying. It's about 3 1/2 weeks since the eaglet started flying so I hope she has been flying with her parents and earning to hunt. If anyone has seem the family fly together would love to know. I'l try to check this weekend depending on weather.

Re: April 20th update

Stephanie5056
I went by yesterday and today. I waited a while but didn’t see anyone. Going to go by tomorrow

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 5:54 PM naturegirl [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Went by around 3:45 but didn't see any eagles in the nest, trees or flying. It's about 3 1/2 weeks since the eaglet started flying so I hope she has been flying with her parents and earning to hunt. If anyone has seem the family fly together would love to know. I'l try to check this weekend depending on weather.

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/April-20th-update-tp7574969.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: April 20th update

Stephanie5056
When were the babies born?  I’m surprised that I haven’t seen the parents in the nest even if the babies are flying around

Re: April 20th update

Stylechick60
I haven’t seen any of the Family for a week now on my way to work. 😔 have they left the nest for the north? We need a lowjack on them 🙂

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 20, 2018, at 9:43 PM, Stephanie5056 [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

When were the babies born?  I’m surprised that I haven’t seen the parents in the nest even if the babies are flying around

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/April-20th-update-tp7574969p7574971.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: April 20th update

naturegirl
I believe the eaglet was born end of Dec early Jan. I went by today fro 4-4:30 and no sign of any eagles. I assume they have gone north for better hunting and hope the eaglet is learning to fend for herself.

Re: April 20th update

Stephanie5056
Thank you so much.  If they left For good I’m so sorry I missed them. The eagles in Ft Myers are still there and when the babies leave the parents start to restore the nest a bit.  I’m going to keep looking since I drive by there every day on my way to work. Again thank you for the info

Re: April 20th update

naturegirl
Stephanie great keep us posted. Come this Dec Ill go back to check on the nest see if the pair is back at the same one

Re: April 20th update

Stephanie5056
Will do. I’ can’t believe there is a nest so close by and I may have missed them!  I’ll keep checking. Thanks for including me

Re: April 20th update

Stylechick60
Thank you for all the beautiful pictures of the eagles.  I’m so glad to be a part of their life!  It’s a joy to be a part of this group ♥️

Sent from my iPhone

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/April-20th-update-tp7574969p7574976.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: April 20th update

naturegirl
It was such a joy to watch the family for the past 6 weeks. Looks like construction to expand the sawgrass where they have their nest will begin 2019/2020 hopefully giving the pair at least 1 more year of nesting

Re: April 20th update

Stylechick60
Man has to ruin nature constantly 😢

Sent from my iPhone

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/April-20th-update-tp7574969p7574979.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: April 20th update

naturegirl
I know and the road expansion won't do anything about congestion it never does. They might be back around december to rebuid their nest.

Re: April 20th update

Hello,

The eagles are still there they just don't hang out at the nest all day anymore, they are constantly bothered by smaller nesting birds trying to take over the area, Jr hangs out by the cloverleaf lake at the turnpike exit to sawgrass expressway in the palm trees, I have seen mama near Jr but not together, also in the palm trees. The juvenile should be leaving soon, as it is time for the smaller birds to start nesting. You can maybe see them if you go there before sunrise or in the late evening when it's time to sleep. I included a shot of Jr taking a bath.

Kit

Re: April 20th update

naturegirl
Thanks for the update. Was hoping someone had seen the family fly together but it sounds like the eaglet is progressing which is great news. Does anyone know where all the eaglets from this pair and the Pembroke Pines pair go? After all these years must be at least about a dozen or more that have fledged

Re: April 20th update

Stylechick60
Fabulous pictures and thank you for the update on where they are.   So they don't sleep in the nest anymore .    I am curious also, as to where the eaglets go and when mom and dad know when to leave them.   Sad he's alone .....

Sent from my iPad

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/April-20th-update-tp7574969p7574982.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: April 20th update

Rockitglider
From what I read they go north when they leave for good, the adults stay here and guard their territory, I know it is sad to see it alone but the good thing is it's healthy and big so it's eating well and surviving, so hopefully it will have a long life and maybe come back some day with it's own mate.

Kit

Re: April 20th update

naturegirl
The eaglet is huge lol so many of us thought was a female. I thought they went north which is better for them less people. noise and disruption

Re: April 20th update

Stephanie5056
I never see anyone there when I drive by. I think I better look harder!!!!!

Re: April 20th update

Stylechick60

So interesting! All the years I have been here I have never seen an eagle only ospreys. It's so exciting to know that we have them so close to home from us.  I've so enjoyed all of you! Cheers to the Eagles 🍻
Sent from my iPad

On Apr 25, 2018, at 4:14 PM, Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

From what I read they go north when they leave for good, the adults stay here and guard their territory, I know it is sad to see it alone but the good thing is it's healthy and big so it's eating well and surviving, so hopefully it will have a long life and maybe come back some day with it's own mate.

Kit

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/April-20th-update-tp7574969p7574985.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.
NAML