April 3, 7:50 to 11:30am

Ed Mattis
Chicks were active but went un-fed until after 10:00am. Adults then made three or four food deliveries. They appeared to be small prey and food was dropped of until last delivery where feeding took place. Attaching photos of what I observed, no good flight shots but attaching one when really high up. Also, off subject, I am including photos of a Killdeer pairs' nest I have been following near my home, including photo of Killdeer feighning injury to leed me away from nest site.

Ed

Nice!

Nice photos! I'd love to get a Killdeer shot like that!

--
Ken Schneider
Miramar, Florida & North Aurora, Illinois

Web site: http://www.rosyfinch.com
Eagle Nest: http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)

Re: April 3, 7:50 to 11:30am

Jill W
What great pics!!  I'm very new to birding, so thanks for showing me such a clear pic of Killdeer.  I think I'll be able to ID one if I ever see one.
Jill