Checked on the nest on Sat. 2-11-17

Rockitglider
Hello,

There is still 3 chicks on the nest, they are getting very big I would say about half the size of the adults. I did not observe any feeding, but I was not there very long. I spotted a hawk like bird in the area very close to the nest, but the pictures I took of it are not good enough to tell what type of raptor it was, looked to me like a Red Tail Hawk. I hope they don't try to bother the eagles.

Here's a couple of links to videos I took for both weekends the 4th and the 11th

">https://nis.nikonimagespace.com/html/guest/index.html?g=tMFV_0qE2wJKR3bQI3KzGmZOHiNZwe9faNsdwTurqlTUnATWb8Xcd5Re_wosx5nVtjY9c258zw0pNUCAgw2ozA

https://nis.nikonimagespace.com/html/guest/index.html?g=OMLk9A8wGBwOl-ksM8VxOsRDyQCeLBck2Ad5A92ImK_UnATWb8Xcd5Re_wosx5nVtjY9c258zw0pNUCAgw2ozA

Regards, Kit

Re: Checked on the nest on Sat. 2-11-17

Speechykeane
your video is awesome.. thank you!  The chicks are getting big!!  When I drive by coming off of the turnpike onto the Sawgrass, I have been able to see them in the nest..  Its exciting to watch them grow...