Closest to a Family Video as requested (Long Video)

Closest to a Family Video as requested (Long Video)

Rockitglider
This is a long video, but likely the last one that has the Mom and E14 together in the nest for long periods at a time. The way I know it is Mom, she is bigger and she has an inverted crescent shape under her mouth in her neckline feathers, the male doesn't have this his is straight across, and more jagged. This is how I identify them from each other when they are not together, the male was not at the nest as much this year it seems like to me, not sure why and I don't really put any importance or meaning to that, I think that he was more involved last year as there was a lot more work to be done feeding 3 chicks as opposed to 1. BTW the reason I started calling this chick E14 is because last year I spoke to the naturalist and she said that last years chicks were officially called E11, E12, & E13, so it would make sense that this years chicks name would be E14, lucky number I think! If anyone has info different than this by all means let us know. But I think this is number 14 for this nest.

http://img.gg/zFnjRNC

Kit

Re: Closest to a Family Video as requested (Long Video)

Stylechick60
You have such a wonderful camera! How much fun you must have going there and doing this! Mama is beautiful and E14 is Beautiful as well!  I remember reading where the females are bigger than the males and their markings are different like you were saying.
Thank you for sharing I love it!! ♥️
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 29, 2018, at 2:02 PM, Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: Closest to a Family Video as requested (Long Video)

naturegirl
Such a great video when was this taken? Is E14 still with her parents or is this from a couple of weeks ago?

Re: Closest to a Family Video as requested (Long Video)

Rockitglider
Hi, yes I usually put the date in the title of the video somewhere, I believe this was 3/18/18, so it was a month or so back.

naturegirl
Oh so they had their owlets early a few years ago their chicks hatched in May not March

Re: Closest to a Family Video as requested (Long Video)

Rockitglider
Yes I was surprised to see chicks this early

Re: Closest to a Family Video as requested (Long Video)

Stephanie5056
I think I’m looking at the wrong nest. The one I see is totally in view from the Sawgrass. Is that the right nest?

Re: Closest to a Family Video as requested (Long Video)

Stephanie5056
I think I’m looking at the wrong nest!  The one I see from the Sawgrass looks smaller and is always empty!  Help!!!!!

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 6:48 PM Stephanie5056 [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think I’m looking at the wrong nest. The one I see is totally in view from the Sawgrass. Is that the right nest?

To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Closest to a Family Video as requested (Long Video)

naturegirl
Stephanie the nest is empty now because the eaglet has fledged but is still hanging around for a while. I believe in the coming weeks she will go north like the other eaglets have done while the adults will stay here and hopefully nest next year. Their nest is huge and in the middle of the tree and but the pond where they hang out is just a few hundred feet west between the turnpike and the turnpike ramp coming down onto 10th street

Re: Closest to a Family Video as requested (Long Video)

The nest is here

https://goo.gl/maps/yCLSzC1EAKB2

Kit