December 28-31: Activity at old nest

On December 28 at 10:30 AM I found only the female Jewel in the nest territory. She was eating a prey item on the old nest just as the male Pride was doing the day before:

I found both eagles on the new nest at about 9:30 AM on December 30. They were sitting quietly next to each other. I thought the nest was was empty until I looked closely at my photos:

A man with two young children stopped by. He had just driven from the unpaved section at the very west end of Pines Boulevard, across US-27. Just a short time earlier he and the children saw both eagles breaking off rather large branches and flying with them in the direction of the nest. He said the branches snapped loudly when broken  off. The above photos show several loose large branches on the nest.

This morning (December 31) I found only the female to be present. She was roosting just above the old nest:

The new nest still showed large branches hanging down:

Re: December 28-31: Activity at old nest

JesseG8r
I think I've been looking for them on the old nest. I've seen them there a couple of times recently. Where is the new nest in relation to the old one?

Re: December 28-31: Activity at old nest

The new nest is along Pines Boulevard about 100 yards east of the old one, in a high tree a bit deeper into the woods. Visible from the south grassy shoulder near the 2nd right turn arrow for eastbound right turn into southbound SW 208th

Also good views from the grassy median opposite the nest -- See this ink for full description:

NOV 28: Eagles building new nest

 http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/NOV-28-Eagles-building-new-nest-tp7575679.html