Deerfield Beach Eaglets

From Hellene on January 21:

.......and here they are!!!! woo hoo! Todays nesting observation - 2 fish deliveries & 2 feedings

Re: Deerfield Beach Eaglets

KellyHeffernan Proj Perch
The Eagles win the SFAS Raptor Race Again!

This is the second year in a row the eagles beat the burrowing owls.
Congrats to the Deerfield Beach eaglets.  May they be healthy and prosper!

Kelly Heffernan
SFAS's Project Perch
(978) 412-5313

> /From Hellene on January 21:/
>
> *.......and here they are!!!! woo hoo! Todays nesting observation - 2 fish
> deliveries & 2 feedings*
>
> <http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/file/n7573935/DBeagles%261steaglets_1-21-15_011.jpg>
>
> <http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/file/n7573935/DBeagles%261steaglets_1-21-15_047.jpg>
>
> <http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/file/n7573935/DBeagles%261steaglets_1-21-15_056.jpg>
>

> -----
> Ken Schneider
> Web site: http://rosyfinch.com
> Blog: http://rosy-finch.blogspot.com

Re: Deerfield Beach Eaglets

Speechykeane
Amazing pictures!  I drive by the nest daily on my way home from work and have seen the adults regularly in or near the nest. I am so excited the eaglets have hatched!

Re: Deerfield Beach Eaglets

eaglefan
I was at Quiet Waters today about 4pm. With my spotting scope I saw both adult eagles, 1 on the nest and one in a nearby tree.
3 chicks were also visible (3 distinct bobbing heads and bodies) in the nest. I observed activity for about 30 minutes.  There are 3 chicks.

Re: Deerfield Beach Eaglets

Triplets? That is good news!

Re: Deerfield Beach Eaglets

eaglefan
I was at Quiet Water Park today from 10am to 11 am. I saw 2 adult eagles in nearby trees. Getting closer to the nest I saw 3 young ones in the nest, moving around. One eaglet appears darker in color and a little larger that the other 2. I watched for about 1 hour (hoping one adult would return with food). The mountain bike trail users did not appear to disturb the birds.

Re: Deerfield Beach Eaglets

eaglefan
At Quiet Waters Park today I observed the 2 adult eagles, one on the nest continually and 1 off and on the nest. The eaglets were fed, and 2 were up very eager to eat. After I got closer I did see the third eaglet moving in the nest. It was at the opposite side. The three eaglets were verified in a conversation with the park naturalist.

Re: Deerfield Beach Eaglets

eaglefan
I observed the Bald Eagle nest at Quiet Waters Park yesterday 3/17/15 for about 45 minutes. I saw three
eaglets in and around the nest. Two were out on  different branches very close to the nest, at the same time and the other stayed in the nest and moved around. They appear to be about the size of a vulture and are dark in color. No adult was seen while I was there. All three seem to be active.

Re: Deerfield Beach Eaglets

eaglefan
Today 3/19/15 I saw all  the eagles/eaglets at the nest. Both adults were on separate trees , one on each side of the nest.
The 3 eaglets were active. Two were branching and one of those was flexing his wings and lifted himself several inches off the branch. The third eaglet was standing in the bowl of the nest. I observed the birds in my spotting scope, and shared the view with several "mountain bikers" and a park representative.