Drinks & Bathing!!

Patti Ann Photography
These photos are from Nov. 30th.  It looked like maybe the female as it was pretty big!   It came down from the nest and sat on a low branch just above the water, took a drink and then had a blast bathing!  It was down there for about 45 minutes having a great time cooling off!

Re: Drinks & Bathing!!

Rockitglider
Hi Patti,

That is really cool that you caught her doing that, or him, whichever, anyway, I have a video from about 4 years ago of them teaching the juveniles how to bathe in that turnpike clover leaf lake, it was really cool. Also very far away, but it turned out okay. I know this nest is very hard to get good shots from because of the distance, but yours seem to turn out pretty good. Thanks for posting.