Eagle sighting / anyone formally monitoring the nest?

Eagle sighting / anyone formally monitoring the nest?

Speechykeane
Today at about 7 a.m., I was graced with a "flyover" as I exited the Sawgrass Expy onto the turnpike southbound..  So majestic to watch...  The eagle was headed north along the turnpike towards the nesting area..

I was wondering if this nest is formally monitored like the nest in Pembroke Pines.?  It seems that the forum for the Pines eagles is constantly updated with pictures and sightings... but very little is posted about the Deerfield Eagles.. other than what some of us "amateurs" post..  It would be great to have updated information on a regular basis..  :-)

Re: Eagle sighting / anyone formally monitoring the nest?

Hi, Speechyieane--

The only "formal" monitoring of Bald Eagle nests in Florida is performed by Florida Audubon EagleWatch program. Their web site indicates that someone is assigned to monitor the Deerfield Beach nest (# BO-003) but I could find no reports. Their web address is http://www.auduboncitizenscience.org/CitizenScience

All observations posted on this FORUM are voluntary and I hope that one or more people in the vicinity of the nest are watching it at least periodically to record events.

The same is true of the nest in Pembroke Pines (FWC # BO-002).

We hope that someone will help keep us posted as to events at both nests.