Eagle spotted near 595 and turnpike

Speechykeane
This isn’t a spotting of one of our Quiet waters Eagles but I wanted to share..  I was ion my way south on the turnpike right where it meets 595 and flying over the lake just south of 595 was an adult bald Eagle. Not sure if there is also a nest around there..  or if this is important info to document. Very exciting though!  Glad I was a passenger so I could watch it!!

Re: Eagle spotted near 595 and turnpike

There is a Bald Eagle nest in a cell tower in Davie just SE of the intersection of Florida's Turnpike and I-595, off Oakes & 441. They raised at least one eaglet. It was very possibly one of the adults from this nest.

This year we added two new known nests in Broward County, for a total of four. See latest observations and map here:

Bald Eagle Nest NW of Oakes Rd & 441 in Davie

Re: Eagle spotted near 595 and turnpike

Stylechick60
How exciting !   Glad we are seeing more eagles ❤️

Sent from my iPad

On May 29, 2021, at 7:49 AM, NewMexiKen [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 There is a Bald Eagle nest in a cell tower in Davie just SE of the intersection of Florida's Turnpike and I-595, off Oakes & 441. They raised at least one eaglet. It was very possibly one of the adults from this nest.

This year we added two new known nests in Broward County, for a total of four. See latest observations and map here:

To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: Eagle spotted near 595 and turnpike

Speechykeane
That is great!  Thank you for letting me know!  They sure pick the busiest places to nest it seems!  I guess it is good that they are learning to live in such populated places.

Re: Eagle spotted near 595 and turnpike

Daniel wheatley
8/26/21 8:00 am.
Eagles are back at the oaks rd. And 441.
I'm so happy to see these guys back. Been watching them for a few years now. It's literally  in my back yard and my wife and I love it.