Eagles are mostly gone from Deerfield Nest

Eagles are mostly gone from Deerfield Nest

Rockitglider
Hello,

I have noticed that most of the eagles are gone from the Deerfield Nest, and the nest is very much ravaged, not much left of it. I hope they can rebuild it next year, I guess raising 3 chicks does a number on a nest. I did see a juvenile at the park last weekend in a snag tree by the lake, I think it was the smaller of the 3 chicks (The Male), it looked very healthy and I hope all of them do well. I have not seen the adults around the nest in a month. I still go there almost every weekend for bike riding so I will continue to look for the juvenile's to see how long they hang around.

Kit

Re: Eagles are mostly gone from Deerfield Nest

Speechykeane
Thanks for the pictures and the update..  I have not seen any eagles in a couple of weeks when I drive by..  That is good news I suppose...  it means the eaglets have grown enough to be independent..  Hopefully the parents will return in the fall as they have for the past several years..  The nest certainly has taken a beating..  Hopefully they will rebuild in the same area..