Eagles are taking turns incubating the egg(s)

Eagles are taking turns incubating the egg(s)

Ken Schneider

I witnessed a "changing of the guard" this morning.  Just as I was about to leave, an eagle flew in to the nest and just as quickly the occupant hopped up and flew off.  It took only a few moments for the relief eagle to settle into the nest and disappear below the rim.  A funny thing happened with the other eagle.  It had flown to the tree nearby that they frequently perch on.  Several times it put its head down and looked just like it does when it is looking down into the nest.  It was a strange stance that I have not seen them exhibit other than when they were actually in the nest.  Hmmm...  some innate behavior?

Re: Eagles are taking turns incubating the egg(s)

Erika I
This also happened to me!  It was amazing. It was beautiful to see.  I am dying to see the eaglets or catch it on a photo.