Eagles may be laying eggs

The behavior of the eagles suggests that they are now entering the egg-laying phase, which may take 3-5 days, as up to three eggs may be deposited. They are especially sensitive to disturbance during this time, so be very cautious when observing the nest.

Re: Eagles may be laying eggs

Kelly Smith
I returned to the nest this afternoon - about 12:30.  There was one eagle just barely visible below the rim of the nest.  I think there is a good chance that they have an egg!

Re: Eagles may be laying eggs- Nest damage?

Kelly Smith
Looking at my photos of the nest this morning, I fear that the right side may have had some loss of nesting materials, maybe after the big winds we had yesterday. I put a comparison of the nest with a photo from a month ago in my FLICKR album <http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch/>. Not sure, but it does suggest some damage. This morning I noted a good-sized stick fall from that area of the nest.

Re: Eagles may be laying eggs- Nest damage?

Sorry-- somehow my post about possible nest damage got attributed to Kelly Smith. It mas me, not Kelly.

Ken