Eaglet March 16th and pair

naturegirl

Re: Eaglet March 16th and pair

Stylechick60
So beautiful!!!  Do we know where mom and dad go back to after their eaglet matures?

Re: Eaglet March 16th and pair

After the eaglets leave the nest and become more independent (about 4-6 weeks after their first flight), the south Florida adult Bald Eagles tend to wander about in the general area, sometimes visiting the nest territory but generally looking for best places to find food.

The younger eagles generally migrate north, usually along the Atlantic coast. Being less skillful at capturing prey, they may associate with vultures. Since cooler water holds more oxygen, fish go deeper during warm weather and are more difficult to catch. This is probably the reason why the younger birds head north to cooler waters. Interestingly, northern Bald Eagles of all ages fly south as lakes and rivers freeze up.

Some Florida eagles travel as far as Chesapeake Bay. One from Palm Beach County was tracked up into New England. They return to the general area of their hatching around November or December.

Re: Eaglet March 16th and pair

naturegirl
Very interesting will have to see how long the eaglet hangs around so far haven't seen him go past the edge of the nest and I think he or she is about 12 weeks based on the first pictures and mention of feeding. The wing span looks huge and the parents stay away for hours at a time or at lest not seen near by.

Re: Eaglet March 16th and pair

Stylechick60
So very interesting!

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 19, 2018, at 9:48 AM, naturegirl [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Very interesting will have to see how long the eaglet hangs around so far haven't seen him go past the edge of the nest and I think he or she is about 12 weeks based on the first pictures and mention of feeding. The wing span looks huge and the parents stay away for hours at a time or at lest not seen near by.

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eaglet-March-16th-and-pair-tp7574891p7574897.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Eaglet March 16th and pair, click here.
NAML