Eaglet alive and well on ground

mitcha
Went past nest eaglet on ground needs to be rescued asap no adult nearby

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Maria Rosa Drake
Contact FWC

Maria Rosa Drake

On Apr 8, 2021, at 6:41 PM, mitcha [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Went past nest eaglet on ground needs to be rescued asap no adult nearby

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eaglet-alive-and-well-on-ground-tp7576054.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

naturegirl
Mitcha sine you can see the eaglet please call 911 first and then fwc 888-404-3922 asap to report injured eaglet in need of help. is the bird in front of the nesting tree ? standing or laying down ? I can't get there

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Stephanie5056
Someone on the way. I called

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eaglet-alive-and-well-on-ground-tp7576054p7576056.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

naturegirl
Stephanie thank you is it fwc or a rescue ?

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Stephanie5056
I called FWC and they are going to try to find someone in the area to go over there. I’m gonna go over there now myself

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eaglet-alive-and-well-on-ground-tp7576054p7576059.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

naturegirl
Great thank you ! I can't get back thee tonight please keep us posted. this family has had some problems poor babies

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Stylechick60
YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL❤️
Praying🙏🏻🙏🏻

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 8, 2021, at 7:15 PM, naturegirl [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Great thank you ! I can't get back thee tonight please keep us posted. this family has had some problems poor babies

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eaglet-alive-and-well-on-ground-tp7576054p7576061.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Stephanie5056
I am here. The Broward County sheriffs office came and they said they called the WIldlife people to come. I see the eaglet And when I went to go near the mother screamed so I don’t think it’s a good idea. It’s getting dark and I hope they get here soon

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eaglet-alive-and-well-on-ground-tp7576054p7576062.html
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Stephanie5056
I don’t know how to attach pictures. The eagle flew to the fence and then on the other side and the mother is high in the tree watching it so I don’t think it’s going to starve because the mother will make sure he eats. The Broward county sheriff said they were going to call the wildlife people but I called the wildlife people and they can’t send anybody right now

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 7:40 PM Stephanie5056 [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eaglet-alive-and-well-on-ground-tp7576054p7576063.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
Sent from Gmail Mobile

I was hoping to see the eaglet this afternoon for this reason nightitme is tough. Is it busch wildlife or the wildcare center down in ft lauderdale ? Does he seem active? vocal ?

Stephanie thank you so much for the update. if you can't attach pics you can send to my email and i can attach them if you want  photosbystacilee@yahoo.com ( i had the hardest time attaching pics for the longest time). thanks for going there. hoping he is just awkward at fledging but better safe then sorry

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Stylechick60
Keep us posted and  thank you for everything you are doing for our Eagles ❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 8, 2021, at 7:54 PM, naturegirl [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Stephanie thank you so much for the update. if you can't attach pics you can send to my email and i can attach them if you want  [hidden email] ( i had the hardest time attaching pics for the longest time). thanks for going there. hoping he is just awkward at fledging but better safe then sorry

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eaglet-alive-and-well-on-ground-tp7576054p7576066.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Stephanie5056
I just left. The wildlife and fish people didn’t get there and couldn’t send anybody yet but at least the baby is in good shape. They flew to the fence and flew to the field on the other side. This baby is huge I mean absolutely huge. The parents  were up in the trees high of watching it so I don’t think anything is going to happen to it hopefully the wildlife and fish people can do something tomorrow. Seeing a fly made me feel better and it was pretty strong. I follow eagle  Nests on the live cams. I saw E9 in person and that was an experience I will never forget. Anyway anything I can do to help. It is my pleasure

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eaglet-alive-and-well-on-ground-tp7576054p7576067.html
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Stylechick60
Thank you Stephanie❤️

Sent from my iPhone

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eaglet-alive-and-well-on-ground-tp7576054p7576068.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Stephanie5056
Good morning. I went to the nurse just now and saw one baby in the nest and nobody else around. I didn’t see the parents in any other trees so I think they Probably went looking for food. The one I saw last night was really good at flapping his large wings so I’m kind of thinking he’s going to get up to the nest again. I’ll stop there later on my way home.I’m a little disappointed I never heard back from the wildlife people. Anyway that’s it for now have a nice day everybody

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eaglet-alive-and-well-on-ground-tp7576054p7576072.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Rockitglider
Hello,

Can you tell if it is the bigger one of the two chicks or just one of them but not sure about the other chick? I think the reason you didn't hear back is they are very busy this time of year and the age of these chicks has already been reported by me to Shawnlei, and the wildlife check with her as well because they don't really monitor bald eagle nests anymore, they leave it up to the Eagle Watch Program, and I already made a report to them. She said they would be fine because of their age. We need to let the wild be wild as much as possible. I know that might sound mean, but it has to be this way.

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Stephanie5056
Good Morning

This baby is huge  Just spoke to the South Florida Wildlife people and he told me that in this type of situation, since the baby could fly it should be OK  The parents will watch it and feed it.  No loud screeches or noise from the nest this morning   Just one baby on the nest  I feel a little better this morning about it

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Eaglet-alive-and-well-on-ground-tp7576054p7576075.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: Eaglet alive and well on ground

Rockitglider
Sounds good, I'll check at lunch time today.