FEB 24: One eaglet visible in nest 9:45 AM

FEB 24: One eaglet visible in nest 9:45 AM

Mary Lou and I visited the nest this morning at about 9:30 and watched for a half hour. All that time the female (Jewel) stood watch on the nest support branch to the right of the nest. Her mate was not in sight.

After about 10 minutes a single eaglet popped up its head:

The oldest eaglet hatched on or about February 5th, so it is now 19 days old:

He/she is the 17th eaglet documented to have hatched in this nest, and will be called P Piney 17 until we are certain how many eaglets are viable and expected to fledge:

Please keep a close eye out for the presence of additional eaglets and report here (with photos if you so desire)

Re: FEB 24: One eaglet visible in nest 9:45 AM

Marc
I visited the nest yesterday and got some great pictures but didn't know how to add them on the site. Need a little help. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 24, 2017, at 3:44 PM, NewMexiKen [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Mary Lou and I visited the nest this morning at about 9:30 and watched for a half hour. All that time the female (Jewel) stood watch on the nest support branch to the right of the nest. Her mate was not in sight.

After about 10 minutes a single eaglet popped up its head:

The oldest eaglet hatched on or about February 5th, so it is now 19 days old:

He/she is the 17th eaglet documented to have hatched in this nest, and will be called P Piney 17 until we are certain how many eaglets are viable and expected to fledge:

Please keep a close eye out for the presence of additional eaglets and report here (with photos if you so desire)

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/FEB-24-One-eaglet-visible-in-nest-9-45-AM-tp7574708.html
To start a new topic under CURRENT 2016-2017 Observations of Pembroke Pines Bald Eagle Nest BO-002, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: FEB 24: One eaglet visible in nest 9:45 AM (Post a video)

Marc asked for help in posting a photo to the FORUM. It is actually quite simple. You must be a "Member" to post, so please request a free upgrade to "member" status if you wish to reply or post new topics.

Start "New Topic"

Enter subject and any text

Click "Insert Image" and get pop-up

To insert image from your computer's hard drive:

Browse and select file

Be sure to resize the file or it will be too big
-- I usually choose "Big Size (750x750px)"

Either choose No Float -- (I prefer) you choose where to insert them
or Left Float-- photos will run across page from left to right but it is difficult to put any text in between them

Also you can post by copying from Internet
Simply right-click on a JPG photo and choose "copy image location (URL)"
-- it MUST be a JPG so be sure
-- I usually post from my FLICKR collection by choosing "download photos"
--"View all sizes"
--and select the desired size, right-clicking on "copy image location"
--paste the location in the "http://" box (overwrite the http if you are copying http or https along with the image

To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: FEB 24: One eaglet visible in nest 9:45 AM (Post a video)

Marc, I do not know as I have not had any experience with uploading photos from an iPhone.

I upload photos and videos to my PC and also post on FLICKR so there is no issue. Nabble does support videos in several formats.

If other members have suggestions, please help Marc . I will also query the Nabble service.

Thanks, and I hope we find an answer.

Re: FEB 24: One eaglet visible in nest 9:45 AM (Post a video)

Lisa G
Great Pictures Ken , we will have a naming contest on Pride & Jewel Facebook like we do every year .When we are 100% sure how many Eaglets are in the nest we will be having the naming contest . We have been getting many emails asking when we are having the naming contest . Will post when we are having the contest . Thanks Lisa
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net