Facebook Report - 12/7/22

Sally
Someone stated on the Pines Facebook page that on 12/7/22 an egg was being incubated.

Re: Facebook Report - 12/7/22

Rockitglider
Sally,

1 egg? Does that nest have cameras?

Re: Facebook Report - 12/7/22

Sally
No webcam on the Pines nest.

Here is the actual quote from David Choate:

"Today's action around Pride and Jewell's  nest in Pembroke Pines.  Someone who has long studied eagles says he's 100 percent sure there's an egg in that nest being incubated.
December 7, 2022...."

Perhaps since the first day of incubation behavior was observed on December 7, possibly an additional egg may be expected at the 3 or 4 day interval.  No other posts have mentioned incubation.

Re: Facebook Report - 12/7/22

Rockitglider
Thanks Sally,

Very cool, hope everything is successful this year! I know at one time they were talking about installing cameras at that nest, and I never heard if it happened or not, Happy Holidays to you all'!