Fri. a.m. at the nest

Trisha
The parents and eaglets were very active during the period 9am-noon. The adults were taking turns bringing food to the nest and the eaglets were both very active during non feeding periods as well. Both eaglets were observed flapping their wings and moving around up towards the nest rim. Hopefully there will be some good photos with the long lenses to compare their development. I noticed that for a few of the feedings the adult would bring the food to the nest and then leave quicker than I have noticed before. The eaglets would then seem to pull and tear at the food like the adults do. Both young were seen doing this. I don't know whether this means the food brought was very small or it is part of their maturation process, or none of the above. Finally about 11:30 1 adult stood on the nest rim and the eaglets were not visible (maybe exhausted after their busy morning feeding and excercising?) They remained in this mode as I left at noon.

Re: Fri. a.m. at the nest

This is very reassuring, as the younger chick seemed less active the past few days, and was either smaller than expected for his age, or staying lower in the nest than its sibling.