[Fwd: Fabulous Peregrine Falcon Photos]

From Barbara Walker-- stunning photos

--
Ken Schneider
Miramar, Florida & North Aurora, Illinois

Web site: http://www.rosyfinch.com
Local Eagle Nest: http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html
Sandia Crest Birding Forum: http://rosyfinch.com/Rosy-FinchFORUM.html
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)
"I am at peace with everything when I can feel, hear, smell and see the amazing wonders that nature can provide." (Ryan Beaulieu, 1987-2005)

*From: *"Will"

*Date: *July 11, 2010 7:53:11 PM EDT

*To: *"Will Sooter"

*Subject: [FWD: Peregrine Falcon update from Will's office]*

    Hello Friends,

    I hope this finds each you enjoying your summer by spending as much
    time out doors as your time allows.

    Since last March I've been able to put in over 500 hours observing
    and documenting the behavior of our coastal Peregrines. This year I
    had help from Glen, Phil and Steve, each whom spent time with me and
    also sent me information on their own individual observations. I put
    special emphasis on keeping detailed notes all types of behavior
    (i.e. copulation times & duration, brooding time, hunting time, prey
    type captured, food exchanges, feeding times and intruder attacks).
    Particular attention was and is being paid to post-fledgling behavior.

    You will be please to know that the adult Peregrines succeeded in
    producing four new fledglings this year. Three tiecels (males) and
    one very large female. The males fledged on day 39 and the female on
    day 42. Today the juvenile Peregrines are 74 days old. Two have
    dispersed from their parents habitat. One juvenile tiercel and the
    one large female remain, but I expect that they too will soon
    disperse from the area to establish there own habitat anywhere from
    30-300 miles away.

    Attached are a few photos that I was fortunate to capture of the
    Peregrines over the course of the last 4 months. The story behind
    the first photo is posted below can be seen here
    (www.flickr.com/photos/peregrinefalcon/4567861227
    <http://www.flickr.com/photos/peregrinefalcon/4567861227>/). All new
    photos of this years Peregrine behavior & development can be viewed
    on my website, www.sharpeyesonline.com
    <http://www.sharpeyesonline.com/>. There is a new intro slide show
    and the homepage and under my "Portfolio" several new galleries.

    Thanks to each of you who have supported my observations over the
    last several years. I really appreciate it! Wishing you and your
    families all the best,
    Cheers, Will

    www.sharpeyesonline.com <http://www.sharpeyesonline.com/>

    "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything
    better" Albert Einstein