Hope is rising

We arrived at 9:15 this morning to find Al at the observation site. Tom and Ed started photographing earlier and said that the chicks fed a little before 9:00 AM.  Ed also photographed a two deer, a buck and a doe, south of the corner of Pines and 208th.  An adult brought in fresh hay for the nest around 10:00 and briefly roosted on the Australian Pine to the east, then flew back over the cow pasture, landed on the ground. We thought he might have caught something, but came back empty-clawed. They still had not been fed again by the time we left around 11:30. The chicks became very active. Hope leaped as high as three feet at times. Here is an example: