I thought I was nuts till I read this story

I thought I was nuts till I read this story

Christie
Around 6-8 weeks ago I went out into my back yard because one of my dogs was going nuts looking at something on our roof.  There on my roof was a Bald Eagle!  I live in Davie and I thought I had lost my mind.  I have a two story house but even having it on the second story was was incredible.  It finally took off after a few moments and it was absolutely breath taking.  I now know where it came from.

Davie Eagle

Hi, Christie,

While the Pines eagles are the nearest known nesting pair, it wouldn't
surprise me if other nests are nearer to you. That being said, 10 miles
is nothing to an eagle that is foraging for food. Note that you can put
your zip code in the FWC Eagle Locator and see how many nests are within
a requested radius of your location Click on
http://www.myfwc.com/eagle/eaglenests/nestlocator.aspx

Thanks for sharing your observation,

Ken

--
Ken Schneider
Miramar, Florida & North Aurora, Illinois

Web site: http://www.rosyfinch.com
Eagle Nest: http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)

Re: Davie Eagle

Heather Green
Wow, that link is really awesome Ken, thanks for that!  Seems like there's quite a few up in my area around Lake Okeechobee.