I will be watching today and Thursday 4:30-7:30 unless..

I will be watching today and Thursday 4:30-7:30 unless..

Jill W
an expert on eagles or an experienced eagle watcher believes there is no point to it.

Getting to nest area is a 45 minutes drive, each way, for me and I think there are watchers who live nearby.  Does anyone know if someone is checking periodically to see if there are young in the nest and would post or call someone about it if it were to happen?

Jill

Re: I will be watching today and Thursday 4:30-7:30 unless..

Trisha
This morning Jill we saw nothing eagle related....just that big, empty nest. Joe called me a short while ago and said he is pretty sure that most likely Hope was flying over the nest tree and perched in the top of the pine. He was going to check his photos when he gets home to make sure the bird was an eagle and not a vulture.

Re: I will be watching today and Thursday 4:30-7:30 unless..

Kelly Smith
There was a group of nest watchers this morning, and I think I remember them saying that an adult delivered a fish to the empty nest, but there were no sightings of the youngsters.  Brian Mealey mentioned to Ken that it would be good to have the nest watched for the next couple of days as it is common for the fledglings to return there, and confirmation as to the health of Justice would be helpful.  There are a few of us that live near by, and while I can't seem to get away for extended periods of time, I do travel by frequently at every opportunity I get.  If you do come, there stands a very good chance that you will be watching an empty nest....

Re: I will be watching today and Thursday 4:30-7:30 unless..

Jill W
I'm leaving now.  I can't "give up" yet.  Hopefully, I'll have some very good news tonight.
Jill