IMPORTANT: City Commissioners to Discuss future of nest APRIL 6th

IMPORTANT: City Commissioners to Discuss future of nest APRIL 6th

This letter supporting the preservation of the Pines Bald Eagle nest area was posted on Facebook, Pride and Jewel Bald Eagles of Pembroke Pines.

Please add your voice by sending an email to the Commissioners and attending the meeting, if possible.

From Angelo Castillo, Commissioner
City of Pembroke Pines, to Mayor and other Commissioners

Good Friends:

At the Pembroke Pines City Commission meeting of April 6th, 2022  at 6:30 pm I am sponsoring an item to environmentally preserve 24 acres of city owned land generally located at SW 208th Avenue and Pines Blvd.

This property, most of which is currently zoned for residential construction, is where for years bald eagles have come to nest.

I agree with area residents that the parcel should not be built upon but rather preserved in natural state and, because we as city taxpayers already own this land, there are no conflicting private property rights to contend with. We the people are already the owners of these lands and are therefore free to do with our own land as we wish.

Under the proposal I will present, the land could be partly used for educational purposes so children and others could learn more about nature but only so long as the wildlife that depend upon that parcel, the eagles especially, are not disturbed. But it would be preserved in a natural state.

I will be asking that staff evaluate the concept and present the City Commission with their best recommendations for re-designating and preserving these lands as an environmentally protected area.

If you agree with this plan please attend the City Commission meeting of April 6th at 6:30 pm to make your views known. Alternatively you may email your Mayor and City Commissioners to express you views. Their emails are as follows:

fortis@ppines.com
tgood@ppines.com
isiple@ppines.com
jschwartz@ppines.com
acastillo@ppines.com

I hope you can join together with me and our neighbors on April 6th at 6:30 pm to ensure these public lands are preserved in their natural state in perpetuity. Thank you and I hope to see you at City Hall.

Angelo Castillo, Commissioner
City of Pembroke Pines

Re: IMPORTANT: City Commissioners to Discuss future of nest APRIL 6th

Rockitglider
Hello,

Can we get an address for the location of the meeting so I can try to attend? Thanks,

Re: IMPORTANT: City Commissioners to Discuss future of nest APRIL 6th

Pembroke Pines Commission Organizational Meeting-Commission Chambers

Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Date:
April 6, 2022
Time: 6:00 PM - 6:28 PM