IMPORtANT: Nabble support of FORUM has ended

IMPORtANT: Nabble support of FORUM has ended

You should know that Nabble stopped supporting the software for the FORUM and drastically cut server space. It is suffering a lingering death. No one is able to update the old code, and there is no similar program to replace it. When it goes dark, all the comments, archives, links and photos will be gone forever. If anyone know how to save the valuable archived posts, please give it a try.

Re: IMPORtANT: Nabble support of FORUM has ended

Rockitglider
Hello,

Sorry to hear this, are you looking for a new hosting place?

Kit

Re: IMPORtANT: Nabble support of FORUM has ended

Hi, Kit--

The problem is not with the hosting page, but rather the entire program has slowly become obsolete and Nabble lacks resources to fix the old code. Many less-used or dormant forums were discontinued when Nabble reduced the number of servers to conserve resources.

See David Walker's recent encouraging post under the Pembroke Pines sub-forum. This would be an attempt to preserve all the information in the thousands of contributions over the years. My non-technical understanding is that it would involve duplicating the Forum content in more modern computer code or readable form.

As to hosting page, I will be happy to provide the code to embed the forum in any independent web page. It cannot be a page that is a sub-set to one of the multi-hosting commercial "blog" programs such a blogspot, wordpress etc., which would not accommodate the present coding format. Right now it is on my private rosyfinch.com page. Multiple copies of the forum on such pages would be fully functional, subject to review by designated Administrator(s).

Ken