JAN 28: Pride takes chances near roadway

JAN 28: Pride takes chances near roadway

This morning I arrived at the nest at 8:05 AM and watched for over an hour. Both members of the pair were on the new nest. Almost immediately the male (Pride) took off, climbed quite high just to the east of the nest and suddenly banked and dove down to the ground near the roadway at the SE corner of Pines Blvd & 208th Avenue.

He gathered a clump of grass which had recently been mowed and flew out over the busy road before climbing up just over my head.

He safely completed his task and delivered the straw to be added to the lining of the nest.

The female (Jewel) has been spending much time on the nest the past couple of days and even disappearing out of view for extended periods, but this morning she was working on the nest. Pride gathered another load of straw from a similar spot about a block to the east and carried it to the nest.

Re: JAN 28: Pride takes chances near roadway

JesseG8r
Another good one of Pride from this morning.

full resolution:
https://flic.kr/p/2kwv4NW