JUNE 9: Eaglets in nest and good news about the male

JUNE 9: Eaglets in nest and good news about the male

There has been concern about the welfare of the male eaglet.

Phillip Martin visited yesterday (JUNE 9) and reported:

I went to the nest this afternoon to check on the male Eaglet. He was still laying in the nest bowl and his sister was perched above him. I started hearing another Bald Eagle calling.

All of a sudden, his sister jumped on top of him, shielding him with her wings and yelling. I could not see what happened. She then got back on her perch and he stood up and began eating.

I can only assume one of the adults landed on the nest and dropped off food and departed. It happened so fast, and her wings obstructed my view I couldn’t see what actually occurred.  I’m happy he was able to stand up and eat.