Jan 1 2021 Nest Visit

NotToofast
Wanted to wish Jewel and Pride a Happy New Year, so I did a stop by the nest...In any case Eagles (and all animals in general) dread this date...because some humans find they need to celebrate making explosions...When we will learn?
Here Jewel in the nest....

She was incubating (no eggs visible, but behavior suggest incubation)...

Pride was not around at this time, but Jewel was 'hearing' (at least that was looked to me) to the eggs...here the picture...

I waited for a while and walked along the boulevard towards O' road and then saw Pride coming in fast!

Pride did an arch and crossed the boulevard at high speed twice, gunning for the nest area...

Approached the nest from the Boulevard...here we can see him with the "landing Gear" extended, Aerodynamic brakes (tail feathers) deployed and at max stress, wing surface contracting to reduce speed by reducing lifting surface and augmenting drag...

...Upon arrival, both Jewel and Pride made those beautiful vocalizations that suggest to me a dialogue were they communicate important matters to each other...For instance:
Pride: I came as fast as I could as soon as I got your call...
Jewel...Glad you came that fast Honey! See? I was listening to the eggs and we might have a pip soon!
Pride: Yay!!
Here Pride where he landed...not In the nest, but on a branch in a tree immediately adjacent to the tree where the nest is...

This branch is below the level of the nest (about 6 feet lower)..here he is looking towards the nest where his love is...

Re: Jan 1 2021 Nest Visit

Watcher
Thank you for the amazing pictures. I’m hoping soon we’ll have eaglets to watch.

Re: Jan 1 2021 Nest Visit

Very enjoyable and descriptive. Great shots too!