July 1: Two eagles over west Miramar early and none on nest at 10:00 AM

July 1: Two eagles over west Miramar early and none on nest at 10:00 AM

While walking in the wetlands of west Miramar at 6:40 AM, which is about 7 minutes after sunrise, I saw an adult (photos show it to most likely be the male Pride) flying NW towards the Pembroke Pines nest. He was carrying prey which appeared to be a small to medium-sized fish

Then at 7:00 AM I saw another eagle, this one flying southward toward the large lake in Sunset Lakes. It was distant and I did not get photos or a good enough look to tell whether it was the female or one of the juvenile, assuming it also was one of the Pembroke Pines family.

I stopped by the nest at around 10:00 AM but did not see any eaglets on the nest. I searched roosting spots and found no juveniles or adults in the area.