Juvie seen fishing!

Patti Ann Photography

I've seen the juvenile flying around a lot these last few weeks.  It loves to fly in large circles, the other day it was way up in the thermals in and out of clouds!  Today, I saw it catch a fish on the first try, missed that shot, but got it in its talons and eating it on a branch. It also flew circles with an Osprey, then they parted ways!

Re: Juvie seen fishing!

Patti Ann Photography

Re: Juvie seen fishing!

Rockitglider
Patti, Have you become part of the Deerfield nest watchers yet?

Re: Juvie seen fishing!

Patti Ann Photography
I haven't heard anything yet.  I did all the paper work for the park, and then haven't heard from them again.  I just sent a follow up email to them, so I will let you know when I hear from them or Shawnlei.

Re: Juvie seen fishing!

naturegirl
Hi guys,

Last 2 seasons the pair has nested inside the park does it seem like this year will be the same? Much as I miss seeing them on 10th inside the park does give them more privacy

Re: Juvie seen fishing!

Rockitglider
Hello,

I haven't been there lately, I usually start going there around the end of September to see what's happening. I'll let you all know what I see then.

Patti,  I also had to wait on them too, the park takes forever. Did they have you do a background check yet?

Re: Juvie seen fishing!

Patti,

I sent you a private message, but didn't get a reply, did you get it?

Kit

Re: Juvie seen fishing!

Patti Ann,

So I told Shawnlei I am taking this year off from Eagle watch, so you can get in to watch the nest this year. I will pick up again next year. She said you are all set to do it for this year. Hope it all works out good for you, and have fun!

Kit

Re: Juvie seen fishing!

naturegirl
Has anyone seen the pair recently? Have the begun nestoration?