Kildeer family sighting- this one for Ken!

Kildeer family sighting- this one for Ken!

Lisa baumbach Reardon,
One of the greatest things of being a birder is not knowing when you will see something really cool!

On Thursday morning, on the way back from taking my son to day care - I routinely make a short cut through the abandonded Alberston's parking lot at University and Peters in Plantation.

Low and behold, I came straight upon a kildeer family with two young waling across the parking lot! The babies are so cute! they look just like minature kildeer, but on long legs (almost like a sanpiper)- both parents were around then- very vocal and very protective! when I got close in my car, the father came closer to my car, making very loud noises -

What a nice unexpected break to an otherwise typical hurried weekday morning. I am going back there this afternoon to see if I spot them. And take my camera this time!

Re: Kildeer family sighting- this one for Ken!