Live! Red-tailed hawk nest on Cornell Univ campus

Live! Red-tailed hawk nest on Cornell Univ campus

A Red-tailed Hawk pair has been nesting on a light pole 80 feet above Cornell University’s athletic fields on Tower Road for at least the past four years. In 2012, we installed a camera to get a better look at these majestic birds as they raise their young amid the bustle of a busy campus. So far, we’ve seen the birds bringing prey such as voles, squirrels, and pigeons to the nest.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/page.aspx?pid=2422&ac=ac