MARCH 20: New Broward County Bald Eagle nest in Davie

MARCH 20: New Broward County Bald Eagle nest in Davie

Laura has confirmed that the nest, first reported by Alex Pereda, located in the cell tower in Davie off Oakes Road at north end of 49th Way, is occupied by Bald Eagles with one eaglet. Alex suggested naming them as follows:

Freedom, Male
Liberty, Female
Justice, Eaglet

Re: MARCH 20: New Broward County Bald Eagle nest in Davie

Tspeeds07
Alex here,

 Thank you to everyone who has helped with confirming the nest. This is very exciting! I first saw the Quiet Waters pair when I saw a woman taking pictures from the side of the road a few weeks ago.

I’m a UPS driver, while covering a route I just so happened to catch one of the Davie birds flying in from the west last week. I drove my truck to the tower and could see one of them sitting on top. I then saw the eaglet moving around the nest, a few minutes later I observed another bird fly in from the east. Can’t wait to see more pictures of this trio!

Thank you Laura for all of your help!

Re: MARCH 20: New Broward County Bald Eagle nest in Davie

naturegirl
Wow incredible and what a crazy place for them to put their nest. Looks like it might be noisy for them