Mom fights with the branches

naturegirl
Stopped by for a quick check and mom or dad was sitting tall and proud watching the turkey vulture flying overhead. It was a bit windy and the branches kept getting in the way and that was clearly annoying the mom who kept trying to move them. I could just make out some fuzz from one of the eaglets

Re: Mom fights with the branches

Stylechick60
It’s so windy today.  I pray the nest is sturdy for them 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Sent from my iPad

naturegirl
The tree was swaying but not too much so I hope it will hold.  As i was leaving there was a white suv that pulled in behind me as I was leaving so maybe they will have some updated info

Re: Mom fights with the branches

Stylechick60
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 1, 2021, at 3:03 PM, naturegirl [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 The tree was swaying but not too much so I hope it will hold.  As i was leaving there was a white suv that pulled in behind me as I was leaving so maybe they will have some updated info

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Mom-fights-with-the-branches-tp7575805p7575807.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: Mom fights with the branches

She's a beauty, very clear shots

Re: Mom fights with the branches

naturegirl
Hope the wind isn't too bad for them

Re: Mom fights with the branches

Stylechick60
I know!  I was worried all night for them. These winds are relentless and hopefully should be easing up soon later today

Sent from my iPad

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Mom-fights-with-the-branches-tp7575805p7575814.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: Mom fights with the branches

Rockitglider
That first picture looks like a painting, if you don't mind what do you use for post work on the RAW file? If that's how you work. Thanks,

Re: Mom fights with the branches

naturegirl
Hi Kit,  Thank you. I do not shoot in raw no idea how to do that. I use my nikon d5500 with sigma 600mm lens which is heavy but I sit in my car on the street so it's a good lens for the eagles. i use picasa to crop, sharpen and lighten a bit if it's not a sunny day. That's it. I get some great pics with this camera and a ton of crappy ones.

Re: Mom fights with the branches

Rockitglider
Hello,

Well that's awesome how you get such a good shot with simplistic settings. Sometimes that is the best, "keep it simple stupid", right? I was thinking about buying that lens, but the newest version is almost 2 grand for the sport version. But one of these days I will, it gets really good ratings.. Thanks for your help.

Re: Mom fights with the branches

naturegirl
I got the sigma 150-600 lens 2 yrs ago it was less back then but it;s very heavy. I only use it for places when I'm in the car like J overstreet or browns farm road.