Monday 1:00P to 4:00 watching the nest

Jill W
At 1:00, both eaglets were standing up straight on the nest and one adult was in the favorite pine tree to the east.  I missed seeing the adult leave the tree.

At 1:30, an adult flew in with a very big meal.  It stayed on the nest until 1:50 and then flew to the same spot on the pine tree and rubbed its beak on the branch to clean up.
At 2:05, both eaglets disappeared from sight while the adult remained in the pine tree.

At 3:00, the adult flew from the pine tree to a branch above the nest.

Don't worry, I should have a different camera tomorrow and hopefully will be able to provide better pics.

At 3:25, the adult flew away and the eaglets got up from their nap.

I was preparing to leave a few minutes before 4 and then an adult flew in with something juicy and red.  This adult was eating more of the prey than sharing it with the chicks.

I can't believe I left during a feeding, but I had to go somewhere.

Jill