Monday Morning

Jill W
I was there at 7 this morning.  My neighbor was interested and went with me.  Nobody else was there and I could not see any movement in or around the nest.  One lady came by for about 10 minutes.  I think it may have been Kelly.  At about 7:25 a parent arrived at the nest and fed the eaglets.  After about 20 minutes,the babies were not visible and both parents were perched on the tops of separate melaluca trees.  I watched them for a while and then one flew across Pines and landed on the ground very close to the road.  I couldn't see what it was doing, but seconds later it flew to the nest carrying something.
I made my way over to get a better view of the nest and then my tripod with camera attached fell over.  The power would not stay on and the zoom didn't work.  I was bummed and left at 8:15.  When I got home, I gently twisted and tapped it for a while and it's working OK now.  Things will go better tomorrow.
Jill

Re: Monday Morning

Hi, Jill

There were two dead Opossums on the road the day before yesterday. Maybe
another one bit the dust. Roadkill is especially attractive to young
eagles. Lacking skills of the adults, they are more at risk of being hit
by a car.

Ken Schneider
Miramar, Florida & North Aurora, Illinois

Web site: http://www.rosyfinch.com
Eagle Nest: http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)