More monday at the nest

Lisa baumbach Reardon,
I was at the nest from 5:30-6:30pm Monday-

One of the eaglets (I did not see ant white stripes on the chest) was out and active the whole time I was there- pretty much stayed on the right side of the nest (looking at the tree)- stood up- practiced hoppinng- spread wings,etc- looks like it was still eating some food  - the other chick was there but stayed in the nest on her/his side - hope it is not sick!

As I was leaving, I spotted one of the adults returning- first perched in the Malallucca stand west of the nest, then flying around the nest -

People wise- not too crowded- but always nice to meet new people- tallk to them about the Eagles and conservation!

I am out of town Wed-Saturday for work- shoul be able to come back by late Sunday afternoon/early evening-

Lisa
Broward Audubon Society

Re: More monday at the nest

Thanks for the report, Lisa! Steve and Annie watched from 7 to 9 and
said that both eaglets were very active this morning. The parent brought
in a large "bloody" bird and they ate well!

Ken Schneider
Miramar, Florida & North Aurora, Illinois

Web site: http://www.rosyfinch.com
Eagle Nest: http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)