NE of Turnpike &I75 Intersection. TWO Eagles + Nest + Eaglets!!

NE of Turnpike &I75 Intersection. TWO Eagles + Nest + Eaglets!!

NotToofast
This post was updated on .

The other adult at the same time
Both adults watching over the nest...
One of the adults in the nest checking on the kids
Two eaglets visible...
Another image of the eaglets...

Re: NE of Turnpike &I75 Intersection. TWO Eagles + Nest + Eaglets!!

This is great news! Good work continuing to look for the nest which you strongly suspected was nearby. This will officially be the third known active Bald Eagle nest in Broward County. Can you provide a Google Earth locator or coordinates for the record? I am sure that Audubon EagleWatch will want to have you serve as a volunteer monitor. See the online training at this link: Be an EagleWatcher | Audubon Center for Birds of Prey

On 2/17/2021 11:14 PM, NotToofast [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] wrote:
Adult 1 on one of its favourite perchsThe other adult at the same timeBoth adults watching over the nest...One of the adults in the nest checking on the kidsTwo eaglets visible...Another image of the eaglets...

To start a new topic under LOCAL BALD EAGLE SIGHTINGS AWAY FROM KNOWN NESTS, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Ken Schneider

Ken and Mary Lou Schneider
Miramar, Florida

Web Site: <rosyfinch.com>
Blog:  <http://rosy-finch.blogspot.com/>
Photos: <flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch>
Eagle Nest FORUM: <rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html#FORUM>
Sandia Crest FORUM: <rosyfinch.com/Rosy-FinchFORUM.html>

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)
"I am at peace with everything when I can feel, hear, smell and see the amazing wonders that nature can provide." (Ryan Beaulieu, 1987-2005)

Re: NE of Turnpike &I75 Intersection. TWO Eagles + Nest + Eaglets!!

NotToofast
Nest Location

Re: NE of Turnpike &I75 Intersection. TWO Eagles + Nest + Eaglets!!

NotToofast
In the image the location of the nest...it is approx 25.9593,-80.3419, halfway up a Melaleuca tree, and from my vantage point (Honey Hill Rd / Bass Creek Rd, west of the Snake Creek Canal) somehow behind a row of Australian pines. It is difficult to see it and the wind has to cooperate...
I was able to see two Eaglets between 30 and 40 days old (they can stand up and walk around the nest)...A neighbor actually pointed to the exact location of the nest...For sure east side of the canal might offer better conditions for observation and pics... Thanks a lot for the link to the Audubon society...Certainly bird watching is a very rewarding hobby...