Nest Visit 1-19-23

Rockitglider
Hello,

I went to the nest Today, and saw the adult feeding a chick, no idea how many there is because I can barely see into the nest because it's so far away. The Park is closed now for the Fair. I should be able to get into the Fair on the weekend of the 4th of February. They have to process the EagleWatch Passes for us to be able to enter the area of the nest after the Fair takes over that part of the park.

Re: Nest Visit 1-19-23

Patti Ann Photography
I went a couple times last week and didn't see any feedings.  They are so hard to see!! Tried this week, but it's already closed.  I am an EagleWatch volunteer, Shawnee did email them to get me added, but they never responded to her.  Hopefully, you will be able to get a good view when you go back in February!! Thanks for the update, Patti

Re: Nest Visit 1-19-23

Rockitglider
Hi Patti,

When I first started with the EagleWatch at the park, it was very hard to get them to respond to me. I had to become an official Broward County Park Volunteer to have access to the nest inside the park, and they had to do a 10-year background check on me. Also, the Ren Fest boss was not to happy with me for going there this week, but I talked to him, and explained that it was time for the eggs to hatch this week on the 19th and I just needed to see if that had happened, so he let me in, and we parted with a good understanding, I think. Marcia said they are going to work on getting passes for myself and Her, but they didn't mention adding anyone else. Marcia is handling all that and that's okay with me because she knows all of those people much better than I do. Also, they don't want anyone going through the fence inside the park unless we have "Hi-Vis" vests on and a hard hat because it's an active construction site, and we have to be either a park employee or a RenFest employee. We will have access to the back entrance after opening day, and we will have to have passes to get in that gate. I can ask Marcia if she has heard anything about adding you to the list if you want me to.