Nest Visit 4-23-2021

Rockitglider
Hello,

This was a visit when there was no birds in the nest, but I could hear them vocalizing over to the west, and I found them on the ground over by the clover leaf lake playing I think they were bathing.. Here's a link to the pictures. You know they don't have any water to drink until they leave the nest on their own and get to a body of water except for the water from rain and food. Imagine no drink for 3 months?

https://img.gg/9wG9Uld

Re: Nest Visit 4-23-2021

Stylechick60
Great shots, Kit.  They are doing so well.  So happy for them all.  ❤️
I did not know that about them not having water for 3 months.  Wow.  That's pretty wild !

Tammie
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 27, 2021, at 12:07 PM, Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Hello,

This was a visit when there was no birds in the nest, but I could hear them vocalizing over to the west, and I found them on the ground over by the clover leaf lake playing I think they were bathing.. Here's a link to the pictures. You know they don't have any water to drink until they leave the nest on their own and get to a body of water except for the water from rain and food. Imagine no drink for 3 months?

https://img.gg/9wG9Uld

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Nest-Visit-4-23-2021-tp7576150.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: Nest Visit 4-23-2021

Rockitglider
Hi Tammie,

Thanks for the kind words. I am really happy that these two seem to be doing very well, and it looks like the are enjoying each other as they fly around together and share their meals, at least sometimes lol. I had fun watching them flying with each other, just made me a little nervous because it was rush hour for the highways and they were flying all around that area.  I think the larger one is caring for the smaller one a little like leaving a little food for it, because the big one gets to eat first always as the adults are just dropping the food off at the nest and leaving them to fin for themselves, unless it's just my imagination? . Have fun!

Here's a butterfly for you. Found it at Loxahatchee Delray

Re: Nest Visit 4-23-2021

Stylechick60
Awe sweet how the bigger is taking care of the littler one

What a pretty butterfly ! Thank you !

Sent from my iPhone

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Nest-Visit-4-23-2021-tp7576150p7576152.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: Nest Visit 4-23-2021

naturegirl
Hi Kit,

Great news they both sound like they;re doing good. So the parents still food drop in the nest ? I wonder how long they will do that. Where is the clover lake ? Not the green patch across from the turnpike exit I hope .

Just an fyi about the pembroke pines family. Last week most of the nest collapsed and one eaglet fell and was injured. rescued by Phil and is in rehab @ pelican harbor in miami. The parents feed the other eaglet still in the tiny bit of remaining nest. The rehab eaglet will not be renested and options are being looked at. i think they are 5-6 weeks old so several weeks away from flying

Nice pic of a male orange barred sulphur butterfly

Re: Nest Visit 4-23-2021

Rockitglider
Wow!

That's bad news, I hope they are able to rebuild the nest and that the chicks will be okay. I think they were saying that they moved their nest this year? Maybe they can go back to the old nest? Either way I hope it works out for the best. As far as the lakes go, I am talking about the little lakes in the turnpike clover leaf exits. They seem to like to hang out there, at the SE and NE ones.

Re: Nest Visit 4-23-2021

naturegirl
The PP eagles used their nest from last year and laid eggs then that nest fell and they made a new nest (the current one that collapsed) and laid 2 more eggs which hatched and those are the late eaglets abaout 6 weeks old. I don't think the eagles can repair a nest a big eaglet is in. Not sure what pekican harbor plans to do wil update when they post more on their fb page

i thought you meant that area on the turnpike...yikes ! Not my choice for  a playground for them