Nest in nearby Miami Gardens produced two eaglets (New Nest ID: DA008)

Nest in nearby Miami Gardens produced two eaglets (New Nest ID: DA008)

Although this is not a Broward County nest, it was first reported in the autumn of 2018 and produced two eaglets.

Nest ID: DA981 (ID Status Temporary)  (New ID DA008)is in the Miami-Dade County Andover area which is just SW of NW 2nd Ave (Rte 7)  and NW 207 Street, I think it is in Miami Gardens. Access is via private property.

Florida Audubon EagleWatch has been monitoring it and two eaglets were fledged this spring. There is construction at the site and one report indicated that the developer has applied for a permit to intrude near the nest. I never heard back but will advise in the event there is an update available.

The coordinates on Google Earth/Google Maps are:
[  25.96331800, -80.21255000  ]

Here are the Florida Audubon EagleWatch reports for the recent breeding season.

= =  = = = = = = = = =  = = = = =
Nest DA981
Nest ID: DA981
ID Status: Temporary
Location: 25.96331800, -80.21255000
County: Miami-Dade
Alternate Nests? Pair has no alternate nest(s)
Monitoring: This nest is being monitored by Audubon Florida

= = = = =  = = = =
Date: 11/27/2018, 8:00 AM
Nest Status: Inactive
Substrate Type: Australian_Pine
Substrate Changed? No
Did the nest move? No

Notes: Local resident Robert called to report someone digging directly under the nest. This report was passed along to him by another resident so he was unable to say if eagles have been seen at the nest yet this year. FWC was called and should go out to investigate it.
Disturbance Construction
Number of Eaglets Seen 0
Eaglet Behavior
Number of Eaglets Fledged 0
Number of Eaglets Perished 0
Number of Adults Seen

= = = =  = =
Nest Visit 1/25/2019, 1:39 PM
Nest DA981
Date: 1/25/2019, 1:39 PM
Nest Status: Active
Substrate Type: Cypress
Substrate Changed? No
Did the nest move? Yes
Notes: Per phone call from resident, the construction workers are digging near the nest and the pair is feeding eaglets. Asked him to call FWC.

Disturbance Construction
Number of Eaglets Seen 0
Eaglet Behavior
Number of Eaglets Fledged 0
Number of Eaglets Perished 0
Number of Adults Seen 2
= = =  = = = =

Nest Visit 2/15/2019, 1:39 PM
Nest DA981
Date: 2/15/2019, 1:39 PM
Nest Status: Active
Substrate Type: Cypress
Substrate Changed? Yes
Did the nest move? Yes

Notes: Received email from FWC and USFWS inquiring about this nest. The developer is applying for a take permit.

Disturbance Construction
Number of Eaglets Seen 0
Eaglet Behavior
Number of Eaglets Fledged 0
Number of Eaglets Perished 0
Number of Adults Seen 0
 = = =  = = = = =

Nest Visit 3/24/2019, 6:31 AM
Nest DA981
Date: 3/24/2019, 6:31 AM
Nest Status: Active
Substrate Type: Australian_Pine
Substrate Changed? No
Did the nest move? No

Notes: Per email from local photographer ROFL, both eaglets are are doing well and should fledge soon.

Disturbance
Number of Eaglets Seen 2
Eaglet Behavior
Number of Eaglets Fledged 0
Number of Eaglets Perished 0
Number of Adults Seen 2
= =  = = = = = =

Nest Visit 4/24/2019, 8:11 AM
Nest DA981
Date: 4/24/2019, 8:11 AM
Nest Status: Successful
Substrate Type: Live_Pine
Substrate Changed? No
Did the nest move? No

Notes: Per email ROFL: "I was at the nest last week and witnessed both babies flying around and playing a lot on the ground. They look real good and strong.

Disturbance
Number of Eaglets Seen 2
Eaglet Behavior
Number of Eaglets Fledged 2