Nest visit 2.10.24

naturegirl
I went down to check on the nest and saw Jewel sitting high in the nest then her mate came with a fish. stayed about 15mins.  last year there were a lot of photgs felt so bad for the eagles,  I dot post in the facebook group which has over 700 members.  I didn't see anyone at the nest when i was there but it was after 1pm.  I will be checking on the PP pair along with DFB and post my observations.  I think they must have any eaglet but cant confirm ,  didn't know Pride has passed on well have to come up w a new name for Jewel's mate

Re: Nest visit 2.10.24

Patti Ann Photography
When this season started Pride didn't return, he was believed to be about 24 years old and assumed perished of old age. When Jewel returned, she had a new, young, inexperienced male with her.  They had a very difficult time constructing a new nest. They spent several weeks trying with sticks just falling.  They eventually got it together, and seem to have egg(s) or possibly eaglet(s). Phil Martin has followed this nest for 18 years and he has named the new male, Soar.  If you watch him, he literally soars around in circles, round and round!  Their nest is pretty much like Pride and Jewel's nests over the years, with all of us holding our breath every time the winds pick up, as it's not in the best of spots as always. So hopefully, they will fledge some eaglet(s) this year!

Re: Nest visit 2.10.24

naturegirl
Good to know.  I wonder where Soar came from.  fingers crossed they have success.