Nest watch Sat 8:30-11:30

Trisha
The conditions at the nest were really different this morning. When I arrived there were several watchers that had been there since 7 am and hadn't seen any eagles. The nest remained empty until one of the young flew in about an hour later. It looked around the nest and stood a few minutes and then took off to the west. A few minutes later some watchers that had been down past the dead stand of trees to the west and said that the 2 siblings were way far back sitting near each other in a dead tree.

We would occasionally spot an eagle (both juvenile and adult, separately) soaring very high over the area, but they didn't land in the nest or perch near us.

Several more times a juvenile would fly to the nest, land, look around and depart quickly (I think the cupboard/refrigerator was empty). I hope we get an afternoon report to see if this lack of nest feeding continues or picks up again as it has in the past.

Several new watchers came by and were disappointed to not see any eagles. I told them to keep stopping by and there always is next Oct or Nov to start the amazing experience all over again!