No Eagles at nest

eeyoresmiles1967
We took our Kayaks out on the lake Saturday, June 13th and we did not spot any of the eagles while we were out there.

Re: No Eagles at nest

Rockitglider
Hello,

Yes this time of year you will only see them either before sunrise or at sunset when they come home for the night to sleep and guard their territory. I usually go there at sunset, because sunrise is too dark for pictures.

Kit

Re: No Eagles at nest

Kit, for the record, when did you (or anyone) last see the eaglets at Quiet Waters?

The south Florida eaglets usually fly north to find cooler water. Here the the fish are seeking the oxygen which is more concentrated in the cooler depths and are harder for these inexperienced hunters to catch.

They seem normally to fly away around June or by early July and return in mid-autumn, while the south Florida adults generally hang around the area of the nest territory. Your last sightings report was in March but since then you mention seeing them around sunset.

The two eaglets in Pembroke Pines have only been flying for 3-4 weeks and possibly will remain somewhat dependent on parents for another month and migrate later or not at all.

Thanks!

Re: No Eagles at nest

Rockitglider
Hi Ken,

The last time I saw the Chicks was May 2nd, I saw one of the adults tonight when it came home to sleep, it looks like it's molting. I got a few shots but they were very faraway and dark. I was not able to report as much because of the Covid 19 thing, but I at least got all my paper work done for the Park volunteer completed and so next year should be better. They said I should get access whenever I want, I'll have to sign in to the volunteer sheet whenever I am there, or send an email to them if the office is closed. You are correct though about the adults, they usually leave at sun up or even sometimes when it's still dark in the mornings, but you can hear them call out to each other when they wake up and when the arrive to the nest in the evenings. So even if you can't see them you can at least hear them. Glad to hear the Pembroke nest is doing well. Talk to you soon,

Kit

Re: No Eagles at nest

Stylechick60
Thank you for The pictures and updates on our eagles ❣️

Tammie

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 26, 2020, at 9:05 PM, Rockitglider [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/No-Eagles-at-nest-tp7575576p7575586.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.

Re: No Eagles at nest

Rockitglider
Hello Tammie,

My pleasure. I plan on going to the park tonight around 7:45 to 8:30 to see them if they show up. Not on subject, but here is a link for Deer pics in Delray Loxahatchee Reserve during Rut last year, they should be starting Rut again in July - August and I am hoping to get more pictures of some new Bucks.

http://img.gg/sTM5m9w

Kit

Re: No Eagles at nest

Stylechick60
Hi Kit!

Oh my gosh.  They are so beautiful!!!!  So close to home. I’m so happy there are reserves for these sweet, beautiful creatures since MAN loves to be greedy and take away their homes 😢

Thanks for sharing🥰 and stay safe!

Tammie
Sent from my iPad

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/No-Eagles-at-nest-tp7575576p7575588.html
To start a new topic under QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from QUIET WATERS PARK DEERFIELD Eagle Nest Observations & Photos, click here.
NAML