No Parking South of Pines Blvd!

Kelly Smith
There are now "No Parking" signs installed on the south side of Pines Blvd.  Several of the DOT trucks were present when I went by, and they told me that the police will begin ticketing violators now that the signs are installed.  There was a small crowd watching the active eaglets, most of them were the DOT workers who seemed in no hurry to leave.  It will be interesting to see how these new developments will be received....

Re: No Parking South of Pines Blvd!

How far beyond the 209th block does the restriction extend? I assume
that observers are still permitted on the south side. We will be there
tomorrow morning and will find out.

Ken Schneider
Miramar, Florida & North Aurora, Illinois

Web site: http://www.rosyfinch.com
Eagle Nest: http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)

Kelly Smith (via Nabble) - No Reply wrote:

> There are now "No Parking" signs installed on the south side of Pines
> Blvd.  Several of the DOT trucks were present when I went by, and they
> told me that the police will begin ticketing violators now that the
> signs are installed.  There was a small crowd watching the active
> eaglets, most of them were the DOT workers who seemed in no hurry to
> leave.  It will be interesting to see how these new developments will
> be received....

Re: No Parking South of Pines Blvd!

Jill W
The DOT guys were there when I arrived at 1:00.  I can't really say how far the no parking zone is, but it is very far in both directions.  It's so far that I'd never consider parking on the south side when I can park on the north side, keep an eye on my car and easily get stuff out of it as needed.  At about 1:40, an adult flew to the nest and fed the chicks.  At 1:55, both adults were on the nest at the same time.  I have not seen that since I've been watching.  They both flew away at 2:05.  The DOT guys enjoyed looking with my scope and were still watching the nest when I left at 2:15.
Jill