No eagles at 11:30 am, 8 June 09

Trisha
While running errands I stopped by and searched the popular locations. There was a lot of traffic light work on both sides of Pines. I asked some of the workers and they said they had not seen them today. When I was on 208th a fireman on a golf cart stopped by and we talked briefly about the eagles. He said at the fire training location across from the gun range they often saw from 1-4 eagles at a time in the surrounding trees, but he hadn't seen any yet today. He said the eagles would sit and stare at them for long periods of time.

It made me think maybe for next year we can figure out a way to have the people (fireman, policeman  or others) in the area behind the gate (where we don't have access) contribute their sightings to the forum.

Re: No eagles at 11:30 am, 8 June 09

Sounds like a good idea, Trisha. Maybe next season we can ask readers if any have a connection with folks in the
PPFD-- or, since the station is just down the street we might visit and strike up a conversation about it. The
firemen often stop by and mention they, too, have seen the eagles. One person said that the eagles have a "butcher
tree" where, when the chicks were small, the adults stopped to cut up the prey before bringing it to the nest. Once a
whole training class stopped to view the eagles.

Ken and Mary Lou Schneider
[hidden email]
Miramar, FL 33029

Re: No eagles at 11:30 am, 8 June 09

Lisa baumbach Reardon,
Trish-

Have you been by the nest since the 8th?? we ahve not had many posts- Maybe the eagles are gone for good??

Re: No eagles at 11:30 am, 8 June 09

Trisha
I am afraid (but it is a good eagle stage) that you may be right. I
was by the nest this morning
and talked to the traffic light workers and no eagles have been
spotted. I saw Steve also, and he had same
report....no eagles.