OCT 17: Adult flying from nest area; nest photos

OCT 17: Adult flying from nest area; nest photos

So far this month, no one except for "Watcher" has reported seeing eagles at the Pembroke Pines nest.

At 7:47 AM, about 25 minutes after sunrise this morning an adult was flying over west Miramar from the direction of the nest towards the large lake in Sunset Lakes, about 2 miles SE of the nest. It was moving from NW to SE. There is a lighthouse on an island in this lake and they are sometimes reported resting there during both breeding season and in between.

On October 15 I watched the nest from about 10:15 to 10:45 AM and no eagles were present. I photographed the nest which does not appear to have changed since earlier this month.

For comparison, here is my photo taken on October 3:

Here is a photo of the nest taken one year ago, in early November, 2019:

Re: OCT 17: Adult flying from nest area; nest photos

Watcher
I took a picture on October 3 when I visited the nest. Both eagles perched on around nest. I took the picture with my phone. Please let me know who I can forward the picture to.

Re: OCT 17: Adult flying from nest area; nest photos

Hi, Watcher--

You may email your photo(s) to me directly at < ken@rosyfinch.com >  and I will be happy to put them up.

FYI, If you wish to post them directly, here is a link to the instructions:

HOW TO POST PHOTOS TO FORUM

http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/How-to-post-photos-to-FORUM-td7574745.html

BTW, I visited the nest again today from 9:15 - 10:00 AM and also checked out all the known roosting sites, and once again did not see any eagles. I did get a bonus as there were warblers eating the Trema berries along the eastern edge of the eagle nest woodlands (west side of SW 208th).

Here is the nest this morning. It appears unchanged:

Black-throated Blue Warblers...

Male:

Female (quite dissimilar):