OCT 6: Eagle pair huddled together

Phil Martin also got out to watch the nest twice. He writes (October 6th):

Ken,
I must have just missed you. I got to the nest around 9:45 and did not see any activity. I returned at approximately 11:30 and both adults were perched above the nest. I watched for about 15 minutes and then departed.
Phil

Phil's photo used with permission:

Re: OCT 6: Eagle pair huddled together

Rockitglider
Hi Ken,

I would like to make a visit to the Pembroke nest next weekend, do you know when you might be there, or what would be a good time to go and catch them at the nest, either one or both?

Many Thanks, Kit

Re: OCT 6: Eagle pair huddled together

Kit wrote (OCT 21)--

Hi Ken,
I would like to make a visit to the Pembroke nest next weekend, do you know when you might be there, or what would be a good time to go and catch them at the nest, either one or both?
Many Thanks, Kit

The Pembroke Pines eagles have been at the nest many mornings between 8-9:30 AM. No guarantee, as three times this week they were not present for spot checks between 9-9:30 AM. I usually try to get there on Saturdays around 9:30. Luis often arrives about 8:00 AM on Saturdays and is still there when I arrive. Phil makes frequent spot checks as well.

This Saturday October 26 I will try to drop by around 9:30 AM after my usual early morning walk near my home. On Saturday November 2 I will lead an 8:30 AM nature walk at Chapel Trail Nature Preserve and afterwards, any interested participants can meet up with me at the eagle nest at around 9:45 - 10:00 AM.